Construction and Related Permit Refunds
1. The building official may refund any fee paid which was erroneously collected; or
2. The building official may refund not more than 80% of a fee paid when no work has been done under the permit; or
3. The building official may refund of not more than 80% of the plan review fee paid if withdrawn or canceled before any plan reviewing is done; or
4. The building official shall not refund any fee paid except on written application filed by the original permittee not later than 180 days after the date of fee payment.
5. Application processing fees are nonrefundable unless erroneously processed.
1. There is no refund of any preconference fee.
2. An 80% refund of fees will be provided if the Planning Director determines that, although the application may have been accepted, no processing by the County has occurred.
3. A 50% refund of fees will be provided if the Planning Director that the request is made prior to any mailing of notice or if any processing by the County has occurred.
4. No refund or fees will be provided after a decision is rendered or after the mailing of notice unless the application is withdrawn at a County department’s request.
5. Full refund of fees, less the preconference fee, may be authorized if the County has inappropriately told an applicant that a permit/action is required and later it is determined by the County that one was not required.
6. If the County determines not to process an applicant-submitted Comprehensive Plan Map or Text amendment, then 80% of fees paid may be refunded to the applicant.